Wednesday 21 September 2011

Stockist Spotlight - Miki Moo Designs

 
Who are you?
Yvette Muratti from MikiMoo designs.
I live in gorgeous Daylesford which provides lots and lots of creative inspiration for what I do.

What do you make?
I make glass jewellery such as pendants, earrings, cufflinks and rings with an emphasis on using recycled materials such as vintage childrens books, old maps, and
beautiful handmade paper that I've had and have sourced from oz and overseas.
I also love to bind, cover and embelish journals, create hand stamped card and envelope sets from old books,
beautiful old bookmarks and generally anything to do with my love of paper.
I also upcycle and felt old woollen jumpers to make childrens vests.
I'm always looking to create another new project.




When did you get started?
I started designing and creating ever since I was small as my mum always nurtured my love of creating and making beautiful things.
I remember that we would always draw, paint, embroider and sew together.
She was a very talented embroiderer and that was one of her loves in life.
MikiMoo designs started about a year ago and the name MikiMoo means my Miki, which is my gorgeous little daughter.
She's my inspiration for everything that I do.

Why do you make your 'thing'?
I make and create MikiMoo products because I get such a buzz out of starting out with and idea, creating it then feeling honored when it sells.
I love what I do, and I believe it shows in my products.


Where to next for you? (what direction do you see your work heading in?)
What I'm doing next is working on creating a beautiful series of  pendants for bridesmaids and cufflinks/ boutonniere sets
for groomsmen made from hand cast resin, silver, beads and recycled paper.
 It will be on my etsy site soon and at the ViewPoint handmade Gallery.
After which, my next project will be to source old armchairs and try my hand at upholstering them in funky vintage fabric.
Can't wait for that one !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Sharing