Friday 7 October 2011

Stockist Spotlight - Lulu's Lamps

Who are you? Hello my name is Kristen Smith and I am the creator of LuLu's Lamps. I live on the South Coast with my fabulous partner and our two children.

What do you make? I make a variety of different lamp shades, some are revamped old shades and others are made new, by myself.

When did you get started? I got started about 8 months ago after moving away from all our friends and family and going from working to full time stay at home mum I found my self with a little extra spare time. This is when I began creating my lamps and shades.

Why do you make your 'thing'?  I have always loved funky lamps but found that there really isn't to many of them around or any shades and lamps that I liked were outrageously expensive. I wanted to create unusual shades and lamps that you can't find any where else but are quite affordable. I get inspired every time I walk into a fabric shop or open up a decorating magazine and really enjoy creating individual pieces that are exactly what my customers want.

Where to next for you? (what direction do you see your work heading in?) For the time being I will just keep plodding along and doing what I am doing. I am so surprised at how far my little handmade business has come over the past few months and am excited to see what the future brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Sharing