Sunday 17 March 2013

Stockist Spotlight - Bok Bok B'Gerk

Today we're featuring Michelle from Bok Bok B'Gerk - a very talented laser cut jewellery designer who hails from Ballarat. I am personally quite smitten with the Bok Bok B'Gerk range and had a lot of fun setting it up in store (and taking pictures of it, hence the photo heavy post today!)



Who are you?  Hi!  My name is Michelle and I live in Ballarat with my lovely husband Matt and our two little ones, Corben (3 years) and Alexis (1.5 years). 


What do you make?  I make a range of laser cut jewellery under the label "Bok Bok B'Gerk".  The inspiration for my pieces is varied, and usually comes from things my kids ask me to draw for them.  I also create custom pieces for people who want something just a little bit special for a loved one. 



When did you get started?  I started Bok Bok B'Gerk when I was pregnant with Lexi.  I had wanted to start my own business for a number of years, however I could never come up with an idea for a profitable business that I thought I would enjoy long term.  One night I just decided I would make laser cut jewellery.  To be honest I didn't really expect it to go anywhere, yet here I am two years on with a business that has well and truly exceeded my expectations.


Why do you make your 'thing'?  I have always been creative and believe that expressing yourself through the art of making things is beneficial to the soul... and a lot cheaper than therapy :)



Where to next for you? (what direction do you see your work heading in?)  Over the next year or so, I plan on expanding my product line to include more items for the male folk in our lives!  They are always so hard to buy for, so I am hoping to have an epiphany sometime soon as to an item I can make that all men will want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Sharing